How much and how often should we feed?
- Before planting, spread 1 ounce pre-plant mix and ½ ounce (1 tablespoon) weekly mix per foot of bed and mix with the soil.
- When plants emerge apply ½ ounce per foot of weekly mix down the center of the bed, at least 4″ from plant stems.
- Water after feeding to dissolve the minerals and make them available to plant roots.
- For transplants apply ¼ ounce of nitrogen per foot immediately after transplanting and water thoroughly.
- Feed your plants the weekly mix until 3 weeks before maturity for single-crop varieties, and until 8 weeks before frost for ever-bearing crops.