Importance of custom-made soil
- Custom-made soil is designed to perform all functions of an ideal natural soil, using inert and clean organic materials such as perlite, sand, peat moss, and sawdust, etc.
- Advantages of custom-made soil include:
- Provides excellent drainage and aeration for roots, and balanced feeding for plants.
- Keeps subsoil damp and soft, allowing roots to penetrate and obtain additional minerals.
- Warms up sooner in springtime, thus allowing earlier planting.
- Keeps roots cool in hot weather, helping plants thrive.
- Virtually eliminates weeds, if built and cared for properly.
- Saves water, since organic materials hold water longer and better than most mineral soils.