How best to water soil-beds
- Tie a large rag to your garden hose, with the rag extending 12” beyond the hose. This reduces the pressure, but not the volume of water.
- Turn on the water and flood the planting area with 1” of water from end to end.
- Repeat for every soil-bed. After the first watering this should take less than 5 minutes per bed.
- Water the beds daily, unless you receive a soaking rain.
- Watering early in the morning is best. However if plants need water do it any time. Don’t wait!
- To save time and water more efficiently automate your watering (link 6).