How to water containers
- Watering early in the morning is best. However if plants need water do it any time. Don’t wait!
- A hose and rag are not good for watering containers, since water does not flow horizontally through the soil-mix.
- Watering with a hose and fine spray nozzle (wand) is effective when applied to the soil surface, avoiding plant leaves.
- Repeat for every container. After the first watering this should take less than 5 minutes per bed.
- Automate your watering (link 6) with drilled holes in PVC pipe for the quickest and most efficient system of watering containers.
- Water the beds daily until water comes out of the bottom, unless you receive a soaking rain.